Stand tall and walk straight, and hold my head up, is what I was told to do when growing up. My mother died when I was 13 years old, going into the 9th. grade in school. So my sisters continued to bring me up, alone with my daddy, but I remember my sister always telling me to stand tall and hold my head up. Sometimes I look back at that, and I think “God” used that to mold my life, as he did while I was still in the womb. “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations”. (Jeremiah 1:5). God is preparing us to be His prophet before we are formed in the womb, and thereafter his sanctification works in us continuously until we are no longer in the earth. God is the potter and I am the clay, he is molding me into the likeness of his Son, Jesus Christ. When God brought the Israelites out of Egypt, he delivered them with a strong hand, God stood tall in Moses with an outstretched hand over the sea. Today as I face the storms in my life God also stand tall in me as I walk and stand tall in faith.
- “But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter, and we all are the work of thy hand.” (Isaiah 64:8)
- “And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it”. (Jeremiah 18:4)
God took those two adjectives and one adverb and molded them into my character for his good use. Today when I think of myself standing tall, I am standing in the grace and mercy of God. Jesus is Lord over my life.
- “And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, ( and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father.) full of grace and truth.
Today when I think of myself walking straight, I am walking before the Lord in the righteousness of His word. And the truth of His word abides with me in the presence of the Holy Spirit. I walk as God lead me in the pathway of righteousness, I walk with my eyes straight on the Lord. I walk prepared to follow Jesus, for I have prepared my heart to follow Him. And I stagger not at the promises of God, but I believe what his word says giving him all the glory and praise.
- “Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face”. ( Psalms 5:8)
- “Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee”. (Proverbs 4:25)
- “The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God”. (Isaiah 40:3)
Among all the dung and unrighteousness in the heart, all of the foolishness you allow to circulate in your presence, and also in your life, it is here you hear the prophet crying out for room to be made for God in your life. “Make room for God in your life”
Today when I think of myself holding my head up, I am highly lifted up in the Lord. I am lifted up in God “But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head”. I am holding my head up in faith because God is my savior, my comforter, he is my encourager, he is my healer, he is my joy, my peace, my friend, he is my protector, he is my provision, he is my strength and wisdom and truth comes from God. “For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding”. (Proverbs 2:6) I can hold my head up now because of the Love of God, according to his grace and mercy I have Salvation, He has given me victory over all my life situations in Jesus Christ. My circumstances change when I pray and trust in God. When I look and seek God with all my heart I will find peace, it will not be the peace of the world, but the peace that Jesus giveth.
- “And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto The Lord”. (Psalms 27:6)
- “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. (Psalms 121:1)
Therefore I will hold my head up high to the heaven and seek after my God, early in the morning I shall pant for Him, at noonday I will pant for Him, in the evening when the sun is no more, I will seek after the Lord. I will sing this song of degrees unto my Lord, I will decree it. Amen! “Jewels of Nuggets” The Lord God looks upon the heart of man and he judges the heart of man according to His righteousness.
- “The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. (Psalms 14:2)
- “And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; (2 Chronicles 15:12)
We stand strong in who God is by the Holy Bible. As Christians, the two things we can do to stand up for God are to live according to the Bible and grow in the knowledge of Him. Christ said “Let your light shine before men….” (Mathew 5:16). This means that we should live and act in a way that testifies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We should also arm ourselves of the knowledge of the Word of God, and also, stand up for His righteousness in the teaching of the scriptures. (Ephesians 6:10-17) Christians should know the world they live in, they should know what goes on around them, Jesus said: “You are in the world but not of the world”. “If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you” (John 15:19)
“Jewels of Nuggets” So Stand Strong in God and do all we can to live and teach as Jesus did and let God take care of the rest. Plant the seed, God has the water for the increase. Amen!!!
Just another Jewels of Nuggets for the Soul. Praise God!